View Single Post
Old 30-12-2009, 10:16   #46
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: anyone know how to get in touch with teh bin men over teh holidays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Less, I may be a overpaid coach driver, But...... There are terrorists who would love to blow my plane up. I don't recall a bin man going to work and his wife wondering if he will be killed. If I make a mistake at work I can kill at least 200 people. I think I deserve the money I get.
Yes it is not as much manual labour as a Bin Man, but that said a Boeing is still pretty heavy and if you lose the Hydraulics you have to no power helping you love the controls, Which wth a 70 tonne aircraft travelling at 5°° Mph is pretty dammed stressful.
I don't wish the bin men any harm. Merry Christmas
I don't recall accusing you of being overpaid and please, I don't think there is a need for you to defend your job, I just find this thread emphasises the fact that the bin men obviously do a very important job.

Otherwise there wouldn't be such an outcry when suddenly they don't turn up, I do however wonder how most of us would cope if we had to follow instructions from above that obviously haven't been thought through otherwise, there would not be a need to discuss this chaos.

P.S. Seasons greeting to you too!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web