Thread: Gypsies
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 17:39   #50
GypoDec

Re: Gypsies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I am all for people coming into the community and living a peacable life, I'm all for those who integrate and give something back, I'm all for those who follow the rule of law, I'm all for those who treat the place they live with respect......clear up their mess or pay someone to do it for them if they themselves cannot(for whatever reason) do it.
It is called live and let live.
Having seen some of the disgusting mess that some travelling families leave behind....soiled nappies, household items etc........this is what causes the prejudice and dislike of the travellers.
And of course, I know that we shouldn't judge the many by the actions of the few, but it is really hard. It is much easier to go with the evidence of what we see on a daily basis.
Margaret i agree with what you have said, on the few occassion which i have temporarily stopped on disused land, carparks etc whilst waiting for the council to complete paperwork for us to move onto their sites.... i have taken everything to council waste centres.

Every Gypsy family,... by their nature,... have some means of travel and so should dispose of their waste.
GypoDec is offline   Reply With Quote