Thread: Windows 7
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 17:04   #18
Redash
God Member

Re: Windows 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
I admit to being somewhat sceptical about advice from PC World's 'Tech Guys' and until totally satisfied that my peripherals will work as before, I will remain with the status-quo. Thanks to all for the input.
Try going to the website of the manufacturers of your peripherals. check the support and see if they have drivers available.

I have Windows 7, and my Lexmark printer & Hauppage TV tuner, both work fine with vista drivers. But the USB video capture card, from Roxio, doesn't work.

All usb storage devices (sticks and external hard drives) should work without problem. They have generic drivers and have been supported since Windows 2000 and Millennium.

You can't use 32 bit drivers on a 64 bit system, and vice versa. Many keyboards have extra buttons that need drivers to work, this goes for laptops as well. Unfortunately, support for 64bit drivers on keyboards, is almost non existent.
Also Adobe don't support flash player on 64bit browsers.

At the moment the only benefit of 64 bit over 32 bit, is the amount of useable memory. 32 bit has a ceiling of 3Gb. Most programmes are still 32 bit, but this should change in the next few years, with 64 bit programmes becoming more mainstream.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote