View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 20:02   #77
Eric
God Member

Re: Take your Life in yer Hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
councils are claiming that gritt is useless when temperatures are as low as -6 and this is there excuse now for not gritting

in germany where a few friends of mine have lived it reaches -20 degrees and the gritt is quite effective

cant really believe anything these council idiots say why dont they just admit they blew the budget on trivial crap and have gotten caught with tehir pants down by teh unexpected snow

you can buy gritt at a farm i think it is on the way to blackburn accross from where daisy dairy used to be as you leave ossy if you need any for your drive or somthing , theres a sign outside, they seem to be able to get a supply so god knows why councils cant
I don't know what kind of grit you guys are using, but our sanders are out at all temps. Last weekend, they were sanding at -25. When freezing rain is in the forecast, the sanders are out before it starts. With climate patterns changing the way they are, it might be a good idea to do the boy scout thing. Keeping things moving in severe winter weather is expensive; Montreal's snow removal budget is in excess of $600 million.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote