View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 21:28   #10
banjoman

Re: British Gas Cant Come for 5 days ...Pensioners.

thats really bad as you have paid extra for the specific service.

However we had the same homecare, and on Friday morning our boiler decided it was having a day off. We rang BG who said the earliest they could come out was Saturday. I packed off wife and kids to mum in laws and stayed in. Saturday morning the engineer rang @ 11:00 and was there by 11:30 and gone by 12:00 and all working.

I asked him how busy he was and he said he hadnt finished any night that week before 11:00pm . He said they were prioritising certain people (our 4 year old is asthmatic which give us a priority) but I would have thought that meant elderly people as well.

However I have no issues with BG on this cover, and actually its great for piece of mind. I would suggest the key is to get the call centre to "prioritise" your call because of the risk to the elderly. I think they have just been caught out by the sheer number of calls to the helplines (our engineer told us Friday had been the busiest day at the call centre in their history) and they just literally dont have enough engineers to go round. Do your parents have any other heaters or radiators or electric fires or anything ?
banjoman is offline   Reply With Quote