View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 19:21   #100
claytonender

Re: bins and recycling please read

I have received these two updates today about collections -

1) Received at 10.53 am

Good morning to all,

Monday 11 January

It is with regret that the weather has got the better of us once again and we are not able to deploy a full collection service. However, we have sent out the following teams to collect from the main roads on Monday's collection areas where possible;

1 Refuse vehicle
1 Recycling vehicle
1 Cardboard vehicle
Textiles vehicle

Remaining staff are going round clearing footpaths in the following areas;

Oswaldtwistle
Baxenden
Great Harwood
Clayton Le Moors
Rishton

Weather permitting we are planning a full collection service tomorrow, so residents should continue to present their containers.

I will provide an update first this in the morning as to what has been deployed.

2) Received at 3.42pm
Good afternoon to all,

Due to the continuing improvements in the weather conditions the message to all residents from today is to leave your grey bin / extra bags out, as we may be round your area (North) catching up on missed collections. However, recycling collections are only taking place as per the calendar (we do not intend to deploy catch up crews).

On Tuesday 12 January We are proposing to deploy the following resources;

Full refuse and recycling crews to Tuesday's collection areas (Recycling North and Non recycling South).

3 Refuse crews pulling back collections that we were not able to reach on Monday 11th and those areas missed in the North from last week. These crews will continue to catch up areas we missed and will take the majority of this week.

1 crew collecting trade recycling i.e. collecting card and paper (would normally be 2 crews so may not collect from every property).

1 crew starting to collect Xmas trees from areas around the Borough.

1 crew emptying litter bins.

In order to concentrate our resources on pulling back non recyclable waste (and bearing in mind there is not likely to be much green waste generated in these conditions) we have taken the decision to cancel the green waste collection that was due. Residents should take their green bin back in and present it on the 26th January - we will keep all requests for the 12th and add to those requesting a service for the 26th.

The situation regarding pickups is as before i.e. until further notice we will not be logging any requests into our system.

Hope this is of use and I will be doing a resident guide that can be posted on to the website.

If you look on Hyndburn's website you will find out whether you are on the North or South collection rotas. For anyone living in Church they are on a North collection rota.

I will keep you updated when I get more information.

Joan
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote