View Single Post
Old 14-01-2010, 22:50   #36
atkiman
Junior Member+

Re: Crawshaw Street Accrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooinda View Post
Is there anyone who remembers Crawshaw Street before it became a car park, as a child I lived there, on the corner there was a blacksmiths shop, as kids we used to watch the horses being shoe'd opposite corner was the Blockade hotel.

Next to our house was the Horseshoe pub, (get the blacksmith connection) in the street all the kids used to play out together this was in the early 50's.

If Jean Haworth (who married Carl Baker)
Roy Hudson
Derek Gardiner
Carl Baker ( mother had Tower Cafe chip shop, near the old Jo Mort's, father was an actor)(Carl had a car sales site in Clitheroe)
Read this I would be delighted to hear from them.
I am Terry.
Hiya Cooinda, I was born in Crawshaw Street at number 8 in 1942, but lived most of my time in the street at 33. My name is Peter Davison and I remember all the people that you mention, in fact, Derek Gardner is my cousin and I see him quite often. I have a picture of the street looking from just above the Horse Shoe, down towards Broughtons. As soon as I sus out how to post pictures on here I will post it. Did you have a brother called Vincent? I went to Hyndburn Park with a lad called Vincent who lived next door to the 'shoe. Hope this is of some interest.

Last edited by atkiman; 14-01-2010 at 22:53.
atkiman is offline   Reply With Quote