View Single Post
Old 20-01-2010, 22:47   #38
garinda
Give, give, give member

re: Hyndburn Life - Well Would You Believe it?

[quote=Retlaw;780480]
Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
It's 'wasted' period, if it didn't fulfill it's brief, provinding a community website for Hyndburn, and never got off the ground because of the apathy of our council.

£591,000.00 would provide an awful lot of bread, on even the greediest of glutton's table.

It would be interesting to see an actual breakdown of where the money was spent, by whom, and on what.
So would I, how much does it actually cost to create a website, wages for the designer, cost of hosting the website. I think £10,000 is too much
never mind £591,000. Some one is laughing all the way to the bank, and some of our local bigwigs need to get a grip on reality, and do a proper job, instead of filling offices with made up jobs & time wasters.

Retlaw.
Well we're informed by the man who funded Roy, that Accy Web took about sixty quid, give or take a tenner or so, to set up.

Which would leave rather a lot of change out of £591,000.00.

Well £590,940.00 to be precise.

Enough to employ a couple of people to run it for years, some marketing, making sure everyone in the borough knew about, or could access it.

There'd even be enough change to provide a few butties and balloons, and have a launch party.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote