View Single Post
Old 20-08-2004, 12:43   #43
pendy
Resting in peace

Re: CHILDHOOD GAMES/TOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego
Used to love playing with the Sindy's, we used to have most of the stuff between us, as I remember it if we wanted to play with any of Lettie's I had to give her my spending money (50p). Also played frustration and ker plunk, had a great girls world with hair dye and 4 different eye colours (had to tilt it and give it a slap on the side of the head and its eye colour would change). Also had a Simon which I was ok on.
Always wanted a Hornby train set but my Dad wouldn't let me. My favourite doll was Tiny Tiny Tears, I called her Marie, used to take her everywhere in her pram, she was a regular patient in our dolls hospital. Does anyone remember the Post Office sets and Sweet shop toys etc?
I always wanted a train set, but they wouldn't get me one just cos I was a girl (still am - haven't made any gender changing decisions so far). However, I used to play with my cousin Richard's set - loved every minute. When my son was born, the midwife thought I was delirious, the first thing I said was "Now I can have that train set"..... My grandson is 2, and I have already got him a pretty good layout. He never gets near it, though, his parents are too busy playing with it! Had a Post Office set. I think I ran it rather more efficiently than the real one ...
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote