View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 10:51   #21
sparkie
Senior Member+

Re: Barnet Match OFF!!

I think the current problem stems from the extreme weather conditions (in this area) we've seen over recent months rather than the last few days. The ladies team play on Wilsons Playing Fields which has not been fit to play on since 25th october (although it is fit now i believe) due to waterlogging, frost, snow and more waterlogging.

The weather since mid october has been abysmal, the game the ladies did play in on the 25th october was nearly abandoned after 10 minutes due to the standing water and the torrential rain coming down, I've seen dryer conditions at mud wrestling!!!

All this rain then the spectacular amount of snow we had (for the area) means that the water table in the area is massively higher than it normally would be at this time of year, combine that with the poor drainage of the pitch (even with the emergency measures taken) and Buzzer is fighting a losing battle. Big time!!!!!

Unfortunately for us this is causing a backlog of games, the likes of which we've never seen!!

I'm confident that the pitch will be in for a major overhaul at the end of the season, but until then we're just gonna have to stick it out and pray for a heat wave!!!!

We're not the only sufferers!!

Rain's a pain not just for Accrington Stanley (From Lancashire Telegraph)
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote