Thread: Five?!
View Single Post
Old 21-08-2004, 18:46   #4
LongLostSon

Re: Five?!

just back home to Surrey from the fiasco at Stevenage. Started brightly but 3 breakaway attacks brought 2 goals and a tip against the post by Kennedy. Don't ask me where the defence were - I don't know and plainly neither did they. I remember looking at the clock for half time - it was only 3.15 but they'd been 2 up for ages and it got boring only threatening to get into their penalty area. Still Stevenage hadn't got that much up front, but they didn't need it !. Second half started and our back line kept parting like the Red Sea - think we thought Moses was their centre-forward. Our only shot of the first half was from Lee McE, who was falling over at the time and only threatened the far corner flag. Mullers & Lute were totally ineffective this afternoon and it was no wonder the Stevenage fans sang asking to play us every week - they'd soon get bored on this showing. Impressed by Craney & Bimpson.

Have never played defence so can't claim any expertise, but we were wide open in the middle, perhaps because we're using stop gaps - fish out of water 'n all that. Any road, it was Shotgun who came up with the answer as he led a band of sullen northern lads in single file - "best thing now is head for the bar " . I don't know if he was talking to the Accy faithful or to the team - or even if SBFC taken their fifth pressie by then.

Better shut up now before I feel like topping myself - one last thought though. If you were a goalie and facing the sun, wouldn't a cap be an idea. JK didn't seem to think so and I was dying to ask him - but didn't think I'd understand his reply. Don't know how the defence get on without an interpreter - well they didn't this afternoon. Keep smilin' - somebody's got to and I don't feel like it !
Alan.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote