View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 11:25   #107
Ken Moss
Common Sense Member

Re: Sunday Trading

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Don't worry about the spin.

We're used to politicans, and those seeking to enter politcs, spinning to their own political agendas on here.

Also, don't worry about having an extra eighty quid in your pocket, to fritter on whatever takes your fancy.

It's an enviable position. One I'm sure the many people in Hyndburn, who struggle to pay therir bills, and put food on their table etc, would love to be in, but sadly all the figures point to the fact that many in the area aren't able to do so.
True, unfortunately. I've just always been a firm believer in hard graft and I'm relieved to say that it has paid off in the end. I still live in a Band A terraced house though, so does that put me in the 'deprived' category I wonder? I'm hardly rolling in it but my wife and I work hard and are firmly of the opinion that if you can't afford it, you can't afford it.

We saw a programme sometime last year with three questions to ask yourself when shopping:

1: Can you really afford it?
2: Do you really want it?
3: Will you still want it next week?

That little tip caused us to start shopping a bit more carefully and as an upshot we discovered that shopping for things with small local businesses is often cheaper than you would imagine.

I will try not to spin my own political agenda on this forum, if that's what it's being seen as. I just feel quite passionately that if we all had more pride in our towns and villages we'd be a stronger society.
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote