View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 15:14   #12
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Holidays with Mum and Dad, way back then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
I used to love going on Pleasure Beach too, still used to like having a walk round there up until recently....you cant just walk round anymore i believe they charge just to go on now. That's going to make it harder for parents today, my Mum and Dad used to take me on there 2 or 3 times each hol, but just went on 1 or 2 rides each time, that way it was split up over the week...folk arn't going to be able to afford to do that now!

A few other names i can recall seeing there are Dickie Henderson, Joe "Mr Piano" Henderson, Hope and Keen, Jo Jac and Joni, Ken Platt, Jewell and Warriss, Moira Anderson, Kenneth McKellar, Ronnie Hilton and Freddy "Parrot Face" Davies.

I was probably about 7 or 8 the first time i saw Ken Dodd in Blackpool, my lad still thinks he's great and we are going to see him again at the Grand Theatre in November, cant be too many people you could go and see at the Theatre these days 45 years after you first saw them can there?? A true Legend is Diddy!!

Best Regards - Taggy
There's a TV ad running at the moment Taggy, saying you can buy cheap pay bands on the Internet for weekends from the end of Feb until it opens fully or the season, I believe its an arm and a leg to use the Pleasure Beach now