View Single Post
Old 22-08-2004, 15:05   #2
Smiffy16
Senior Member+

Re: Our Defence - Or Lack Of It

Stanley 3-1 Burton................Morecambe 1-2 Stanley

Both games our defence was excellent.....3 games into the season and weve picked up 6 points. Before we started this season, the opening three games I would of taken 5 points (1 home win and 2 away draws) weve come away with 6 points which is very respectable (2 wins and a defeat).....If anyone said to me we were going to get 6 points from our opening 3 games I would of taken that with no problem and I think most people on here would of too.......

Yes JEFF the defence were very very poor yesterday but you have to take into consideration that the previous 2 games our defence was superb! both at home VS Burton and away VS Morecambe........just because of one terrible game you can't start callling for the defence to be changed straight away...its a defence which is capable of being solid and gelling very well together. The performance at Stevenage yes, was a disaster but you can't call for their heads now.........3 games into our season.

As I have said before Keep the faith and lets encourage our boys and cheer them on to victory against Crawley Town on Saturday........

Come on You Reds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote