View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 19:54   #5
Dan
Senior Member+

Re: Stanley Bit's & Bob's

Howdy folks
As part of a new commitment to content, the club are hoping to have a lot more of the in depth stuff both on the website and in the programme. I've had a couple of meetings with Rob and Martin at the club about this very subject.
In the immediate future there should be (technology permitting) a preview like the one linked to above for every game as well as a detailed(ish) match report on the same day as the game finishes!!!!

In the short term future, the programme will be improving - not particularly the way it looks (it's complicated!) but more what is in it - from the Bradford home game (hopefully) every edition will contain at least one exclusive player interview as well as columns from people involved with the club and the town. The long term plan is that the club becomes entirely responsible for its own programme with no filler material and that it ultimately provides not just value for money but is actually something that you buy to read rather than just through loyalty to the club. This WILL take TIME!

The longer term plan involves an increase in multimedia stuff and some kind of live matchday service provided by the club. More on that as and when.

I'm helping the people who work at the club from day to day with this stuff, as are several other people, including the three lads who currently have the thankless task of producing an entire matchday programme from scratch every week. The most important thing is that as many people as possible get involved in some way - so if you've got an idea for something you'd like to read or indeed write, put it forward. You can contact the club, PM me on here or email [email protected]

I hope this rambling post wasn't too dull!!!

Dan

P.S Pendle Red - the promotional side of the programme has already been discussed. Expect extracts from the programme on the website in advance of them going on sale soon :-)

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore

Last edited by Dan; 12-02-2010 at 19:56. Reason: forgot a detail!
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote