View Single Post
Old 14-02-2010, 07:48   #64
Pendle Red
God Member

Re: Macc v Stanley Matchday Thread

Maybe Michael has had his head turned with the transfer speculation?

But as a forward you have to have service to thrive off

Milesy gives the impression of a plodder but to be fair he does have the tricks in his locker to unlock defences and produce moments of magic, I get the impression and I maybe wrong that he is a confidence player?

I think Milesy would be better playing wide on the left wih Chris T on the right which would give genuine width, pace to go at defenders which no defender likes and an abilty to overlap with full backs as well as help tracking back and gives the option of swapping them over on the flanks to mix it up.

When you are getting results it is possibly easier to stick with a winning combination, the tough part is when results don't is to shuffle the pack and get it right.

The results we have had this season have been far beyond most people's expectations but I suppose there could be the part of the answer as expectations rise on the pitch so they do off the pitch.

I still believe the Club have the players to turn the corner and at least get in the Play-Off mix but it needs nipping in the bud the way the fixtures are coming which is thick & fast a blip can become a slide or as we found out a winning run takes you right back up into the mix.

On Stanley On

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 14-02-2010 at 07:51.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote