View Single Post
Old 20-02-2010, 21:05   #26
Ken Moss
Common Sense Member

Re: Well done Hyndburn council

Quote:
Originally Posted by duggie View Post
I drive a 4x4 hence the reply, the parking spaces in question are usEd on a regular basis by disabled drivers and guess what, some disabled people are actually capable of driving something bigger than a golf, believe it or not 4x4 vehicles are needed by some people for either work or play. You mentioned earlier you dislike 4x4 drivers, that is very specific and targeted.
I dislike inconsiderate drivers, my dislike is generally because inconsiderate drivers cause problems for many, why would one particular type of vehicle cause you a problem?
are you anti 4x4 ?
Not at all, in fact I use one regularly in my line of work. However, I base my judgements on the evidence presented to me and specifically the evidence of my own eyes.

When I see perfectly healthy people in any car using disabled spaces because it's closer to the shop door it strikes me as being one of the most arrogant things a driver could do. The absence of a badge in the window is a giveaway too. Unfortunately, I see more high-end cars and 4x4s doing it than any other type of vehicle - maybe I'm just spotting more than you are or maybe you just don't find that at all.

The same goes for parking on double yellow lines - there are several spots in Rishton that seem to be a magnet for people in 4x4s to dump their car and make it hard work for everyone else.

Sorry if it offends you but it's a fact, certainly where I live.

And I'd like to know where I stated that I don't like 4x4 drivers. I haven't said that at all! I believe I referred to anyone in a Chelsea tractor that parked in disabled bays.

Last edited by Ken Moss; 20-02-2010 at 21:08.
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote