View Single Post
Old 21-02-2010, 08:49   #33
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Well done Hyndburn council

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
Is this what it boils down to? I can't disagree with anyone who's seriously ill for fear of being judgemental? If that's going to be your stance you'll the vast vestiges of respect for you evaporating very quickly. If anyone is going to toss their view into the ring it should not come with any sort of guilt clause, regardless of race or condition.

If you really do have Parkinsons Disease then you have my deepest sympathy but if you'd just read what I'm getting at you'd see that you are precisely the sort of person I'm trying to make life better for!

You mentioned blind arrogance, but when someone is trying to fight the corner for people with reduced mobility and you rail against everything they say then who's really being arrogant? I hope you never find yourself in a situation where you need a disabled bay and can't get one through the sheer thoughtlessness of people who can't be bothered parking 20 yards further away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
When I see perfectly healthy people in any car using disabled spaces because it's closer to the shop door it strikes me as being one of the most arrogant things a driver could do.
'If'?

'If' I really have Parkinson's disease?

Er, one thing about me you've yet to realise, is that I don't lie. Ever.

So as well as being able to tell who's unemployed, or ill, you are unable to believe what people say.

Your gifts are looking less impressive by the minute.

How many other groups of people do you intend to offend and alienate, before you stand for election in May?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote