View Single Post
Old 26-02-2010, 16:59   #51
atkiman
Junior Member+

Re: Crawshaw Street Accrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith View Post
Atkiman just picked up again on this thread reminds me the last time I saw you you were with bowkers veteran wagon at fleetwood tram day quite a few years ago at that time you were living up dillhall I myself have moved on a bit now living the life at sunny morecambe and loving it Some of the old things though you never forget the stormy meetings on a sunday morning at the miners club I wonder how freddie greer going on and have lost touch with a lot of the old jacks and gilbraiths drivers in fact I must be the only ex jacks driver left as over the years several have passed away some of them quite young really must have been all that chasing about we had to do A few names billy crossley raymond newell the late denis sandiford jimmy dewhurst and of course rt he sent me a e-mail with some pictures of jacks motors marathons and crusaders which made me think about the days long gone
Hiya Kieth, RT said he had been in touch. I am still living with the same woman up dill hall. Nice to here from you. As for the names you mention, Don't knmow how Raymond newall is, never seen him for years, Billy Crossley had a bad experience in Italy and so vowed never to sleep in a lorry again. He was on the wallpaper shunt job with Billy Haworth until he retired. B H is still on that job. Never seen Jimmy "Bugsy" Dewhurst since he left Bowkers. I went to see Jack Birchall last summer, after he had been up at ours, and speak to him qiute often on the phone. Take care mate, if you are ever in accy, give me a shout, take care Kieth, Pete
atkiman is offline   Reply With Quote