View Single Post
Old 27-02-2010, 12:32   #52
DaveinGermany
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Pub landlord jailed for allowing smoking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
I won't disagree with that because most of it is true.

The rise in fringe parties is purely because more and more people are tired of not having their views listened to on certain matters, for example the interference from the EU in British affairs. Sooner or later, the main parties are going to have to address these issues head on or face the fact that they won't be the main parties anymore if enough people keep voting for groups such as UKIP and the BNP.

I would still urge everyone to vote for the candidate that most closely reflects their views. It is up to all parties to listen to the voice of the people they are trying to represent and do what is best for each community. If they don't listen and other parties get more votes then they only have themselves to blame.

However, for them to listen properly it requires people to vote and use that voice.
Ken you seem like a genuine bloke & appear to have peoples interests at heart but how can you justify the evidence of your own eyes ? You've seen the views of the folk here & I assume elsewhere ! what happens when you tell your superiors about how the masses feel ?

Will they listen to you & take your views on board ? Now I've not been involved with this forum very long, but it appears that there are a few well respected members on here who, due to their integrity & honest desire to see the right thing done, have walked away from their Political affiliations because the Parties will not take on what is being explained to them.

Now if these Party Stalwarts are getting fobbed off after all their years of allegiance, how does that provoke "Joe Bloke " to feel ? Would you also have the integrity to walk away from the deceitful & self serving Political classes too should your valid & educated points be ignored ?

As to the Candidates who most closely reflect their views, they appear to be few & far between, as most of them do not seem to be existing on the same material plane as the rest of us !

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 27-02-2010 at 12:35.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote