View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 10:35   #24
Ken Moss
Common Sense Member

Re: St.Geldof and St. Bono buy weapons for terrorists

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I'm totally with you on this one Taggy, I can remember many years ago finding out that of the money given to Oxfam, only approx 19 pence in every pound goes the the intended destination the rest is snapped up in salaries and executive cars, this latest disclosure only strengthens my resolve

I used to give regularly to three charities until I found out much the same thing. Salaries I don't mind as people cannot be expected to work for nothing but excessive salaries of over £100k and company cars pushed my sympathy a bit far. Two of the three also started phoning me regularly asking if I could give more which is when I stopped altogether.

It doesn't help that a new charity is being formed every week and the respectable organisations are being tarnished by those out to make money from the sympathy of the general public.

Cancer Research is the only box I have no qualms about dropping my coins into these days. Please don't spoil it for them by telling me that they're squandering it all as well....
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote