View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 12:53   #21
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: I'm sick of power cuts

Jaysay, My Mum has been plagued with power cuts for something in the region of 15 months......her power goes off for anything up to 14 hours......and it went off during the very cold spell, meaning that she had no heating......and it when it did come back on her timing clock for the central heating was all to cock, and the heating was coming on in the middle of the night.......I had spoken with United Utilities and got precisely nowhere.

Ma is in her 80's has arthritis, very poor mobility and is a cancer survivor......I rang them again recently because the power went off yet again twice in one day for 4 hours and then two hours after dark(this is very dangerous for Ma as she can't see very well in low light, and I was scared that she might fall down the stairs and wake up dead)......anyway, this time I spoke with a very helpful lady and she has made a case file for Ma, and given me a direct line number so that I can speak to someone who knows all about the situation.

I am hoping that things get better very soon and that I won't have to resort to calling them again, but I'm not holding my breath.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote