View Single Post
Old 25-08-2004, 15:33   #29
Bazf
Senior Member+

Re: What has happened to Britain?

I missed a good bit of this debate because I had to work late and boy is it moving on, I personally agree with JW but being over this side of the pond you do get a different perspective of things my dad a die hard Labor supporter is considering voting conservative only because of Tony Blair, everything we hear over here is how good he is and if hes under pressure he turns things around so I will go with the UK opinion and stay out of that argument.
As for the middle east should we have gone in to Iraq? I mentioned in a previous post I was in the first one (RAF) I did end up in Kuwait on EOD duties (clearing up the mess the Iraq's left behind) and after leaving the forces I worked in the UAE for 6yrs, all the Arabs I worked with and 100% of the ones I meet said Sadam had to be stopped and the only people who could do it was the Americans and British. Most of the countries, in fact all of the countries in the middle east are a form of dictatorship and one of the biggest things for a muslim is not to lose face so no muslim is going to openly support western involment as it looks like a weakness and nonalignment but underneath they are quite happy with what is going on.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote