View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 16:46   #38
Acrylic-bob
God Member

Re: H.B.C. Council Tax/savings.

For the benefit of the hard of understanding, I will try and elucidate on my comments. In the first Idea I included a quote from Britcliffe re: saving rates payers money. The point of the idea which followed was first to suggest a way round this and secondly to point out what a fat, fatuous, hypocrite Britcliffe is. If he were really as concerned as his public pronouncements make out then he would be the first to say I don't need it this year. After all the position that councillors occupy is not meant to be a full-time job.

The point of the second idea was to point out that the public transport system round here is in such a crappy state that perhaps if those responsible for it had to use it then things might improve for the rest of us. It also makes me boil with anger at the profligate waste of cash and resources that council employees are responsible for. Why shouldn't they walk to work, like many of the people whose hard earned money pays their bloated salaries and over generous pensions?