View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 09:02   #258
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Conservative Parliamentary Selection

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
'And all Tories have threatened to go Independent leading to a break down between CCHQ/Region Ass and local Conservatives.
There is no effective or functioning Party at grassroots, no budget I am told they are broke (Con club sold off last year to pay debts) and several high profile Councillors are in danger of losing their seats.'
ukpollingreport.co.uk » Hyndburn

I did ask, after the candidate list was haughtily imposed on the local Conservative party, if they'd considered putting forward a break-away Independent Conservative candidate, so they could decide for themselves, who'd they prefer to represent them in the General Election.

The idea was pooh-poohed, as a last attempt was made to feign a show of Conservative party unity.

However, a friendly little tit tapped on my ever open window at Rindy Towers, and whispered the rumour that just such a plan was going to be put in place, which would have allowed the local Conservative party's preferred candidate to stand.

Unhappily it appears they missed the deadline for registering, and plans for a 'third time lucky' campaign have been thwarted.

This story has more twists and turns than a well-thumbed Jeffrey Archer, and they've not even had the interviews yet, to decide on whose name will appear on our ballot papers come May.

Roll on Saturday.

Cannot put an independent Conservative candidate forward it a a sick bird, or illegal, the interviews so I'm told are on Saturday. The club wasn't sold of it was taken over my member investment and is doing quite well even in this climate