View Single Post
Old 16-03-2010, 22:48   #63
VALAIRIAN
God Member

Smile Re: Stanley v Rotherham match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
So the Stanley juggernaut rolls on. What a marvellous win, with Stanley absolutely battering Rotherham in the first half, then defending like heroes when the inevitable reaction came from the opposition in the second half. Bouzanis was outstanding in goal but every man jack in the team played out of his skin to claim a richly deserved 3 points. I was worried when Joyce missed the first of his 2 gilt edged chances at 1-0, and United went straight down the other end to equalise, although it seemed like Ryan was fouled in the build up. Another bad moment when Stanley's defence stopped playing at the linesman's flag for offside for their disallowed goal, but this time the opposition pressuring the ref didn't work! Fantastic run and delivery from Winnard for Jimmy's winner and the Clayton End cranked up the volume even more than their match long racket. Brilliant night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
fer my money the best 90 min performance at the crown this season, and to compliment that a very good referee, rotherham were a good side no doubt, Boozer n Kee are "MUSTS" to stay in the side IMHO. thought Symes had a off night, yet still scored. More of the same please.
Both spot on posts I feel, came away tonight, having enjoyed a great game of footy, that was not spoiled by the officials and one we won deservedly!!!

P.S. Nice to meet up with you Redraine

P.P.S. Good to see you back Cashy

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote