View Single Post
Old 18-03-2010, 18:42   #7
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Cold calling again ...

I have had a few 'selling' phone calls recently.....they always ring at a meal time and are always hard to understand because of their accents.......and how many asian men do you know who are called 'Robin'.
Yesterday i had one of these calls......the chap launched into this lengthy spiel, or I should say that he tried to.
I stopped him and asked if he had my permission to call me........(knowing full well that he hadn't) he paused for a moment and said he didn't know, but he would check.
I told him that he need not bother, because he didn't have my permission, and that as I subscribed to the TPS his call was illegal.......I asked the name of the company he worked for....he would not divluge this info. I told him that as the call was illegal I was going to get in touch with the Information Commisioners Office and let them know about the call he had made illegally.......and that they might just be taking legal action against the company very soon.
His attitude changed, and he said he would remove my number from their calling list.
I thanked him for that....but I'm not holding my breath.

My husband says I am naaaaasty, that they are only doing a job.(I should note here that HE never answers these calls)
I tell him that surely they know they are going to get some flak from time to time, and that if they don't like it then they should change their job.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote