View Single Post
Old 21-03-2010, 18:28   #68
Stumped
Full Member+

Re: Unions flexing their muscles again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
So the "belegered" coal miners and steel workers would have been better off if they had towed the line and not questioned any job cuts, pay cuts, worked 12 hours a day under conditions that meant you were dead before your kids?... I don't know how old you are Stumped but I know old tory "values" when I see them.. go back to living in your dream of the good old days when t'boss at t'mill would send round a loaf of bread if you were off sick for a month.
Wondered where you'd got to, Mancie. I was born during WW2 in 1941. As to my political views? I no longer have any. I haven't voted in any election for some time as I don't see the point any more since Europe took over the purse strings and rendered Parliamment redundant. I believe the miners under Joe Gormley could have negotiated a better compromise than they achieved under the confrontational leadership of Scargill. If we still had working pits, then maybe we wouldn't be as beholden to the likes of France and Grermany for our gas and electricity! But therein lies another story.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote