View Single Post
Old 21-03-2010, 18:42   #70
Mancie
God Member

Re: Unions flexing their muscles again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
Wondered where you'd got to, Mancie. I was born during WW2 in 1941. As to my political views? I no longer have any. I haven't voted in any election for some time as I don't see the point any more since Europe took over the purse strings and rendered Parliamment redundant. I believe the miners under Joe Gormley could have negotiated a better compromise than they achieved under the confrontational leadership of Scargill. If we still had working pits, then maybe we wouldn't be as beholden to the likes of France and Grermany for our gas and electricity! But therein lies another story.
But there was no negotiation offered to the miners.. it was take it or strike..to try to make a case that that strike lead to the selling off of the national gas or electric is rubbish .. the tory cabinet in there untold wisdom had decide to sell off any public owned industry to anyone..people forget the reality of the strike in '84.. and people are to easy with words when they say the public are against the strike by BA staff... BA staff are members of the public like you and me.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote