Thread: The Budget
View Single Post
Old 26-03-2010, 13:48   #26
andrewb
God Member

Re: The Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
Yes great idea. Have the conservatives considered this and what are their plans in terms of lower income workers. It appears to me that the Labour party are no
longer the party for the working class.
For a start I believe they'll soon come out and scrap the National Insurance increase set to come in April 2011. That's a tax on jobs and the completely wrong thing to do to get out of recession.

Osborne came out strongly against freezing the personal allowance, I think they might reverse that and link it back with inflation, rather than increasing tax on working people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
I point the finger of blame at sucessive goverments fer punishing the majority with increases, whilst in my eyes proper punishment fer the dick head abusers whilst not entirely stopping the problem, would sure as hell reduce it.
Think you're right. No reason at all why any regular drinker of cider should be punished with a 10% increased, just because of the irresponsible ones. One way is to increase tax on JUST the very strong cider (like White Lightning), but also come down harder on people who abuse it and go on to harm others because they're so drunk.