View Single Post
Old 28-03-2010, 15:57   #171
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: The Tory "dirty tricks brigade" and the media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
Indeed, my good lady received child benefit for our four offspring and my ocasional bouts of sickness/injuries on duty were covered by my employers, but I maintain that I have contributed more in taxation of one kind or another and national insurance over my working life than I would ever hope to achieve in benefits. Time will tell. In the meantime I am happy to sit back and watch the prospective parliamentary candidates continue to knock lumps off each other in the unseemly fashion that they seem to relish.

Well you were lucky to receive so little benefits. Only receiving such things as child benefit, and sick pay, and happily never needed the social benefits you were entitled to, because an employer no longer needed you, for example, or that you developed an illness that prevented you from working, and which would have seen you claim more of your entitled benefits.

I wish you a long and happy retirement, on your pension.

I know plenty of people, who work all their lives, paying into the pot, and who snuff it before they even get their pension book/card, posted through their letterbox.

My father was one such person. Though he was the kind of man who counted his blessings in life, and wouldn't have moaned about paying money into a social benefit system, and not get his 'fair share' out.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote