View Single Post
Old 31-08-2004, 11:05   #39
JohnW

Re: What has happened to Britain?

Hi Busman,

Thank you for your reply. I really don't know what is happening with your ISP problem, but can assure you that this small fish in this very large pond hasn't got enough clout to upset anyone on low never mind on high! Censorship here is probably the about the same as over there. We can never say that it doesn't happen can we? However, I think our two countries are as "free with information" for want of a better phrase, as any country in the world.

Hi Mickey T,

I encourage you to visit America. It is a great place for a vacation especially my home state of Florida. Although you don't want to come over at this time of year when Hurricane season is in full flow. If you like theme parks and have children, then Orlando is fabulous with Disney World, the Epcot Centre, Universal Studios, MGM Studios, Sea World, Wet and Wild and lots of others within a few miles. If you like golf, we have great courses throughout the state most of them very cheap to play. You can get deals at Lategolfer.com and probably play many of the state's courses for less than fifteen pounds. This includes a cart, very few people walk it around over here. We also have lovely beaches on both coasts, although I believe the Gulf coast to be the better of the two. Sarasota is one of my favourite places.

I love the reasons you give for not liking GWB and TB. "Slimy, arrogant and never answers questions unless they have been vetted 10 times" Isn't that a dictionary defintion of all polititians?? Being politically right of centre, I have to admit to liking GWB better than the running Democrat Kerry. I have to agree with many comments on here that infer Tony Blair is more right wing than left. So, I quite like him also. When I say I "like" them, I mean as much as I could, considering that they are politicians and I generally dislike them anyway. It's all relevant isn't it?

Hi Ifty,

I really don't know which post caused you to be banned. Actually, seeing you are back posting, it was more of a suspension than a banning eh? Maybe you used bad language or were insulting, I don't know, but I can't imagine that you were suspended just for voicing your opinion. As Darby says above, always remember that if you voice an opinion you will find someone who has a different idea. That's a good thing as long as the differences do not provoke insults and bad feeling. I think this thread is a good example of how people's opinions can differ greatly without anyone feeling hurt or insulted by other points of view.

Hi Darby,

As usual, your post is to the point and insightful. Ever the voice of firm reasoning. What a pleasure to have discussions with people like you on this site.

Y'all have a happy Tuesday now ya hear?

JohnW

Last edited by JohnW; 31-08-2004 at 12:44.
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote