Thread: York Game
View Single Post
Old 31-08-2004, 23:01   #19
Ceejache

Re: York Game

Agreed. The first fifteen minutes belonged to them and the game definitely swung our way when they were (rightly) reduced to ten men. All played well and TBH JK didnt have a shot to save all match - but standing out amongst a good bunch tonight were Jaggers, Bimson, Howson and Craney.

Their replacement Keeper was making his debut tonight (he didn't even have his name printed on his jersey!) and, if his performance this evening is anything to go by, they have a very good young keeper on their hands. He kept them in touch with a string of very good stops and thoroughly deserved their MOM by a long stretch. If we had put even a quarter of our good chances away (especially second half) then we would have run out winners by three/four goals. But hey I cant complain, its just that with ten minutes to go I thought that if they had grabbed a sneaky equaliser then we would be rueing the chances that we had to put the game well beyond their reach - but the thing is we created many chances and defended stoically so at the end of the day (cliche alert!) we thoroughly deserved to win. York can (and probably will) complain that their keeper shouldn't have gone but, from where I was, the Ref had no choice.

We have won two out of three on our travels so far this season - over the whole of last season we only managed something like three away wins - and that is play-off, if not outright winners, form. Well done to all - a thoroughly good night!