View Single Post
Old 14-04-2010, 20:40   #72
Eafield
Junior Member+

Re: Selective Licensing of Landlords

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Can I ask how many local landlords were consulted?
Its my understanding that none were consulted, although we do know that there are good number of councillors who are also landlords, "i’m advised" a large number of councillor owned properties are within the Springhill district (but this is not qualified by me yet, i’m currently investigating), this is an area that has not been sighted for Licensing but most certainly should have been. mmmm..(and for the record I own property in this area, and would be happy to pay for licensing to improve the area.)

I would like to know if the local constabulary have been involved in the area selection.

In addition it would be good to know why the council voted against the current scheme as recently as Dec 2009, yet as a result of the one man army that is Mr Jones, it was then approved only one month latter.

Does Mr Jones know better than the council?

Again, just for the record, good landlords are not against licensing, this includes me as a landlord and an agent.

It should however be implemented in a more targeted manner and with an even hand across the entire borough.
Eafield is offline   Reply With Quote