View Single Post
Old 14-04-2010, 22:13   #91
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Selective Licensing of Landlords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eafield View Post
Your case study does noting more than helpfully provide backbone to my argument and I am amazed that this is not grasped by you.

Your case study saw a landlord ultimately evict what was a bad tenant, yes he maybe took too long to do it and yes the council had to get involved, however the end result was that she was evicted.

Where did she go?, because the council didn’t house her!

We can be pretty certain she isn’t living in a cardboard box, so "there it is" my friend she’s moved in next door to some other poor sole within a district that is obviously not licensed six months later.

You better hope you live in a licensed area. If not now’s the time to be nice to your neighbours, because the next time one falls into debt and sells to an investor you could be living next to your case study.

Oh and under current law it will take even the best landlord at least five months to evict her for you.

Good luck!
Are you still posting?

I was first waiting to read an apology, for accusing an elected public figure of telling lies, which has been proved to be totally incorrect.

I think you're lucky that the person said they expected an apology, which will be somewhat less expensive than facing a libel action.

Last edited by Mick; 15-04-2010 at 05:07.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web