View Single Post
Old 15-04-2010, 10:20   #122
Eafield
Junior Member+

Thumbs down Re: Selective Licensing of Landlords

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
If you continue to post incorrect statements, and then don't have the good grace to apologise, when what you posted was proved to be totally inaccurate, you're probably right.

Another little tip.

This is a family forum, and bad language, even when disguised by asterisks, isn't allowed. I've had to report one of your posts because of this, making more work for our site moderators.

Perhaps a perusal of the forum rules might be wise.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...mer-29681.html

An introduction, in the relevant thread, after issuing your apology, might be a wiser move still.

Garinda, I see you consider yourself an Agent provocateur. You are certainly a tit for tat member.

I apologise for not following site protocol. I must confess I was introduced to the site by a friend who advised me that it was a good place to share and debate my opinions and on this subject which I have a passionate view, I may well of jumped straight in at the deep end.

In choosing the clear username Eafield I had considered myself as transparent. I am not a conservative councillor and for the second time my political views have no bearing on my comments.

My name is Paul Brown and as I thought was clear I am a letting agent and landlord in Accrington. I am NOT against licensing, I am merely against the current plans. I would love nothing more than the opportunity to voice my thoughts with the powers that be, but as also mentioned when I attempted to speak with Mr Jones he advised me to call back in three weeks. Accyweb seemed an ideal method of raising my comments sooner. As Mr Jones has not responded to any of the points I raise, I also apologise for being drawn into a ridiculous tit for tat, I shall leave it for Mr Jones to review my comments and perhaps he will then take it upon himself to comment further.

I thank you for taking the time to look at my web site and raising the issue of profit for landlords, could you not have the decency to also compliment the content relating to safety checks and landlord obligations, along with the need to obtain good quality references for all tenants. Just a few of the items we and our landlords have promoted for many years, unlike many less scrupulous landlords.

I am sorry for the use of bad language in my comments, this I shall ensure does not happen again.

Your personal onslaught in reference to factual content seems just a little childish to me, as I thought we had already cleared up the typo in my initial text relating to the date being March and not April. Apologies again for causing you such trauma.

On this subject and the absence of an apology to Clatonender, I should just point out that a response has been added and I shall consider an apology based on the response to the facts that I still believe to be correct. You state I am inaccurate with my comments, on what basis have “you” qualified this.

On a final note, if you have any other comments relating to my views that you would like to air, perhaps we could stick to the relevant points in hand and leave the politics at home. If you are not capable of this then it is not likely you will receive a response from me.
Eafield is offline   Reply With Quote