View Single Post
Old 16-04-2010, 17:51   #66
g jones
Senior Member+

Re: the BIG three tonight

Controversially I thought they were all poor considering they should be statesman of world standing. Maybe it was stage fright, the first time and all that...

If you were judging them on the night Clegg played the best 'game' but lacked substance. In a poor debate, he positioned himself as the 'real leader' of the opposition.

Cameron collapsed, lacking substance and presence and as I said previously he is the weakest prime minister in waiting in living memory and showed it. Keep repeating words, "exceptionally, exceptionally" is insecurity, a double reinforcer rather than the conviction of saying it once. I've said this before about Cameron's lexicon. He has policy vacuum bigger than a black hole.

Cut the deficit by getting rid of a £72,000 Police Car? Iran a nuclear state? and the 'threat of China' is straight of the Phil the Greeks' playbook!

Gordon was Gordon. Hardly up there with the great himself. Poor communicator. Like a Campbell prepped robot. Even the jokes whilst funny and well balanced, weren't Gordon's?

Round Two is shark infested waters. Cameron needs 20 seats off Clegg or it's Cameron without a majority. Clegg needs to keep his 60 seats he has. Cameron can't concentrate on Labour whilst Clegg has free pot shots. Worse for Cameron, Clegg's economic policy is near enough to Labour's to risk being blasted blind side again, but this time on the big question.

IN General Britain does not have the grand statesmen it once had. It has career politicians. I did not like all the 'Joe the Plumber' stuff either.

Last edited by g jones; 16-04-2010 at 18:00.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote