View Single Post
Old 16-04-2010, 18:59   #72
Taggy
Senior Member+

Re: the BIG three tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post

IN General Britain does not have the grand statesmen it once had. It has career politicians. I did not like all the 'Joe the Plumber' stuff either.
Your right Graham...Career Politicians, that by and large will always put their and their party's interests before that of the public! They will talk bullcrap...offer platitudes...take easy cheap shots....and in many cases tell out and out lies, and the arrogance of them means that even now, after the expenses scandal, they really havn't twigged that we have their measure now! They think a few well chosen "sound bytes" will score points, and hoodwink the public! What was supposed to be a momentus moment for British Politics, was a ruddy great damp squib, and we did not hear or learn anything from that, that we didn't already know. It should have been done more on the lines of a question time...with proper intereation and interrogation from the audience, to have any chance of getting under their skins, and putting them under the type of pressure that would test their mettle a bit more!

Unfortunately though there is now so much wrong with British Politics, only a truelly great slap in the face will change things. I'm a traditional Labour voter, and i make no bones in saying that i think you would make a very good MP for Hyndburn because i know you do put the interests of local people uppermost, however whilst under normal circumstances, you would be pretty much guaranteed my vote, i'm afraid there is a very real chance that you might have to suffer because of the conduct of the current bunch of spivs.

The only way they will ever ever get the message is by protest vote or by not voting at all....something years ago i would never countenence, but i think in these times many MP's have shown themselves worthy of that level of contempt!...Maybe a no vote...is the strongest message of all! I'm still undecided, but not voting is my most likely action at the moment!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote