View Single Post
Old 16-04-2010, 22:17   #81
g jones
Senior Member+

Re: the BIG three tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Graham...when you say that you dont think you'll stand again, are you talking win or lose there...meaning you'll only sit for one Parliament?

As i say..this is a real dilemma for me, because i know of all the candidates for Hyndburn, you are the one i know will try their best for the local people and area. But i dont see how i can vote for one of the major parties and yet still send out the message that i'm not happy with the current state of British Politics!...Its just going to revert to same old same old.

Again, counterbalancing that is that i really cannot stand Cameron, and what he stands for! His latest gimmic is saying that he want "the public"to be given more control over how the Country is run....yet he wouldn't even allow Local Conservative Associations, control over selection of prospective candidates...so not much chance for the rest of us oiks if he did get in is there!

So there's the problem...the best chance of defeating Cameron is to stick with labour! Labour then gets in...and feels vindicated for the decisions they've made...and nothing changes! Even if Brown where to go...i dont see any dynamic replacement on the Horizon ....Johnston is probably the obvious standout alternative...but i'm not convinced by him either!

So thats where i'm stuck....vote Labour for the best candidate for Hyndburn and to keep Cameron out!...Or protest vote/No vote...to try to engineer a radical change in politics!! Its a tough one Graham!

Best Regards - Taggy
I'll sit for more than one if people want me to. If I lose then that's my time gone. I will not stand outside of Hyndburn. I am not a carpet bagger.

I think there are some complex issues. It's not a presidential campaign and it is being turned in to that I think. It is about individual members of parliament and then the Leader has to win the votes of members - say me if I was elected. Gordon has to earn his spurs.

I think these are the class acts for Labour and Gordon will be under a lot of pressure. I would consider Ben Bradshaw for Leader in the near future. Honest, intelligent, down to earth, class act and comfortably better than the three on the stage last night.

Ben Bradshaw 66/1
Alistair Darling 20/1
John Denham 33/1
Alan Johnson 6/1
Douglas Alexander (no odds)
Liam Byrne 80/1
Sean Woodward 50/1
Sadique Khan
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote