Thread: Windows 7
View Single Post
Old 21-04-2010, 18:29   #33
Stumped
Full Member+

Re: Windows 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
what are your system specifications because i am running win7 ultimate on an old advent 7113 laptop that has only 2gb of ram which origionaly came with vista home and also i am running win7 ultimate on an acer aspire 5735z with only 2gb of ram which also came with vista home

neither of these laptops have win 7 support on tehir manufacturers webiste but run a lot better on win7 than they ever did running vista.

dont install win7 on top of vista though its always better to do a complete fresh install as merely upgrading leaves clutter behind and you will end up with problems regardless of what microsoft claim so a clean install is always better just liek it always has been when people went from win98 to xp or xp to vista .

i still use xp on my desktop because its a bit too old for vista or win7 but everything else that had vista like my laptops got wiped to xp teh day i got them but as soon as win 7 came along i installed it and noticed a great improvement over vista immidiatly
Packard Bell BL PB IMEDIA 2423 - purchased new 21.1.2008.
AMD Phenom (tm) Quad Core Processor 2.20Ghz
RAM 2.00GB
32-bit system with Service Pack 1

I also us a 500gb external hard drive for storage of files, photographs, etc., to lesson the load on the internal hard drive.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote