View Single Post
Old 28-04-2010, 13:36   #121
Gayle
God Member

Re: Election - Place yer bets.

Voting for LibDems is NOT a wasted vote, it is a vote for the LibDems. The argument that it is a wasted vote is frustrating because that implies that people are not voting for the party that they want to get in but voting against the party that they want to keep out!

Personally, I think that's the wrong approach and we should each vote for who we really believe is the best option for the country.

Look at it this way -
You vote Labour and Labour win
Unlikely, but it proves that the majority want to maintain the status quo - Gordon Brown stays in.

You vote Conservative and they win with a majority - Gordon Brown is out
You vote Conservative and they win but without a majority - Cameron and Clegg pair up - Gordon Brown is out

You vote Lib Dem
Labour win but without a majority - they need to form a coalition government which Nick Clegg has said he is open to as long as Gordon Brown steps down. - Gordon Brown is out
Conservatives win but without a majority - Lib Dems form a coaliation government - Gordon Brown is out
Finally, on the off chance that everyone has voted for the party that they truly believe to win rather than voting tactically, Lib Dems win and both Brown and Cameron are out.

In other words, a vote for LibDems is just what it says it is - under any scenario other than an outright win Gordon Brown is out.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web