View Single Post
Old 29-04-2010, 15:39   #30
wagstaffe

Re: Craig Ian Hall Independent

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh View Post
Well before you say to widen the scope about credit unions ... can i make the suggestion that you contact the local credit union .. HHH Credit Union who's office is on Greenfield Street in Haslingden their telephone number is 01706 215082. The person to contact would be Bill Greenwood or Dawn Vear. Bill Greenwood is the person who was the main person who set up the credit union in Haslingden and Helmshore in the early 90's. He will be able to tell you all about credit unions their ethos and how hard it is to set a credit union up, how hard it is to get volunteers. Haslingden and Helmshore Credit Union expanded into Hyndburn about 3/4 years ago. I was a volunteer with the credit union for 8 years .. and served as a collector, cashier and a member of the credit committee.
Thank you for that shillelagh, I will get in touch and speak to them. It just goes to show how ridiculous the system is when you have good people trying to help out for nothing with very little assistance and the bankers, who don't give a dam, getting bailed out by us and wanting their bonuses back.
These are the kind of things that need changing.
wagstaffe is offline   Reply With Quote