View Single Post
Old 30-04-2010, 09:58   #196
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Election - Place yer bets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
As quite a few members of this forum know, not only am a Labour councillor but also Chair of the Hyndburn Constituency Labour Party and this post is addressed directly to Jaysay.

I hope you can back up the accusation (which could be construed as libelous) that you have just leveled against the Hyndburn Constituency Labour Party's integrity regarding election expenses, as you appear to be suggesting that there will be financial irregularities in the completion of the expenses forms.

As you are no doubt aware there are two separate parts to this years General Election spending limits. These limits are as follows-
In the 'Long' campaign (which ran from 1/1/2010 to the date of dissolution 12/4/2010) is £25000 (per constituency) + 5p per elector.
In the 'Short' campaign (which runs from 13/4/2010 to 6/05/2010) is £7150 (per constituency) + 5p per elector.

Also, as you no doubt know the expense forms for all candidates at the General Election will be checked by the Electoral Commission.

Maybe you could provide me with proof that Hyndburn Constituency Labour Party have exceeded these spending limits.
You have no need to go into all the diatribe, I am quite aware of rules and regulation where election Expenses are concerned, I was merely say that when 8 page leaflets are being distributed and having some idea on costs, it made me wonder, see that all Labours Printing is undertaken by Daltons who are probably the best printers in Hyndburn, I was only raising a valid point as printing isn't cheap these days