View Single Post
Old 03-09-2004, 16:44   #26
pendy
Resting in peace

Re: What is good about HBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself
They said they couldn't see the problem with leaving the gate unlocked, it wasn't as if they were asking me to leave my house insecure. I said I'd leave the bed and mattress on the back street where they could collect them anytime. "Oh no." was the reply "It's an offence to leave rubbish on a back street. You could be prosecuted."
There must be an awful lot of people awaiting prosecution in Accrington.
Again, yeah well - it isn't their back gate that's being left unlocked. Backyards are well protected by walls, so anybody could get in, break a window, kick in a door, and if nobody heard, then they're in your house. All the time in the world to do what they like. Gone, sadly, are the days when you could spend all day, and even sleep, with your door unlocked. Like I say, we are very lucky, our bit of Ossy is quiet with great neighbours, but even great neighbours aren't there 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You've got to be bl**dy careful these days.

As to a lot of people awaiting prosecution, unfortunately it is those law abiding citizens who feel compelled to leave their rubbish, unwanted items, for collection on the back street - rarely the toerags who are into breaking, entering and destroying - they probably all get holidays in the Bahamas, as being socially deprived! (OOPS - my prejudices are showing!)
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote