Thread: Michael Symes
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 17:29   #114
Pendle Red
God Member

Re: Michael Symes

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
it's such a shame for him because I think his career will go backwards from here onwards. He is a good target man at this level and has bags of ability to hold the ball or play the ball. Sadly for him I think that League 1 is not that much better in terms of ability but it is in terms of fitness and physical ability. I reckon he'll be marked out of the game by players who can get to the ball quicker than him.

And when he moves on I hope he does go to Rochdale. Dagnall and O'Grady are both better players than him and he will struggle to hold down a regular spot.

Playing at a club like Stanley gives you the opportunity to be a legend - moving around every time a better offer comes in gives you the chance to become a journeyman.
Have to agree with most of your post Macca

But also would add that on one hand you have to weigh up that a footballers career can be a possibly short and maybe opportunities do have to weighed up when they come along but they also have to be balanced against the chance of actually starting games regulary or just bench warming and becoming a regular in a higher league Club's reserve team.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote