View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 10:26   #53
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Hyndburn Borough Council election results 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
Now now, Less. Unless I misunderstood your post, it sounded like you were calling me Councillor Ross. Merely a correction...

Tell you what you can do, you can...

take a look at the letters sent out to ordinary folk about Council Tax and rents, get them to put details in plain English on less than 8 double sided sheets of paper, in a manner that is easily understood and if they think there has been an overpayment not to make it seem like the person concerned did it deliberately!

Quote:
You are currently not entitled to Housing Benefit

From 03 May 2010 to 10 May 2010 you do not qualify.
From 10 May 2010 to 01 Apr 2011 you do not qualify.
From 01 Apr 2011 to you do not qualify.
What on earth are they talking about?
Why couldn't they have just sent a statement showing when a person's entitlement finished and a polite note about how and when they need to start paying rent/Council Tax for themselves?

Because after such gobbledegook about rent, the whole lot is repeated on many more double sided sheets for Council Tax as well!

None of it makes clear sense, and the cost to our Council in paper must be horrendous.

Go on, Ken stick your nose into that department then come on here and tell us how you got your hand slapped by some arrogant 'Civil?' Servant, (after that, you'll know who has the real power in Hyndburn).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote