View Single Post
Old 18-05-2010, 09:24   #139
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: The next five years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
You know folks...I posted my views with trepidation.
I felt like I would be putting my head above the parapet....and I waited to hear the zing of bullets and the hot air from them......feeling sure I would be shot to pieces.
I have to admit this hasn't ever stopped me in the past...but so much passion was generated by this political debacle.....I can't say it polarised people because three or more parties cannot polarise.....but it did throw up the fact that many ordinary people....people who are honest and genuine, who have worked for their homes, and provided for their families, were very unhappy with how politics was affecting their lives.

it seemed to me that people did not know who they could trust...after all we had been royally let down by these politicians in many ways.
We were promised a land of milk and honey by Tony Blair.......and it seemed that all we had got was a land of funny money....and all of it going to the wrong people. Criminals having more spent on their welfare than the sick in the hospitals of the land.

Pensioners who were supposed to be grateful for a free bus pass, prescriptions and a heating allowance, when terrorists were being given thousands upon thousands of pounds in compensation for injury to their feelings.

Soldiers being sent out to an illegal war(that none of us were asked if we agreed with) with ineffectual equipment.
I seem to remember that we were promised a referendum on the ratification of the treaty of Lisbon.......that didn't happen and more of our hard earned money was directed into the coffers in Brussels...along with our right to govern ourselves.
My recollection of the EU...or the Common Market as it was called then, was that it was a trade alliance....not that it would become this ungainly polital beast that would siphon money from member countries to go....well, who knows where this money goes.
Gordon Brown constantly referred to a 'fairer Britain'...well from my perspective none of it looked anything like fair to me.

And that is what made me put up the posts.
It seems that I am not alone in my observations........and if I, a retired gobby Nursing Sister can see this so clearly...tell me, why can't the educated politicians see it too?

Simple....they don't want to.....there would be no money in it for them.
Think I'll join the Margaret Pilkington Party of common sense
Tried to give you some Karma Margeret but they wouldn't let me