Old 19-05-2010, 09:01   #50
cashman
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Another kick in the teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I have to disagree with this, particularly on the question of delivering a person into the probability of torture. I am able to express my opinion in a public forum because I have the advantage, as do you, of living in a civilised, democratic country. And civilised, democratic countries do not hand over those in their custody and care to authorities who will torture them. The Canadian government has recently been ordered by the Speaker of the House of Commons to hand over documents relating to the transfer of Afghan detainees, by Canadian troops, to the Afghan authorities. They were tortured by the Afghani military and police. This is a major crisis for the tories. The Minister of Defence, and the Minister of Foreign Affairs could be found in contempt of Parliament for trying to cover up ... but, to cut a long story short, civilised nations do not hand over people to torture.
To these monsters,innocent Men,Women,Children, of any colour.religion, are Legitimate Targets, i had a brief period of thinking your way Eric, it was the Summer Of Love, Ganja played a significant part,I was in my Teens, WHats Your Excuse?