View Single Post
Old 19-05-2010, 18:54   #60
Eric
God Member

Re: Another kick in the teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
To these monsters,innocent Men,Women,Children, of any colour.religion, are Legitimate Targets, i had a brief period of thinking your way Eric, it was the Summer Of Love, Ganja played a significant part,I was in my Teens, WHats Your Excuse?
Absolutely nothing to do with the Summer of Love ... it's just that I'm opposed to torture ... particularly as these days torture is used not necessarily to gain information, but for the entertainment of the torturer ... and one needs no excuse at all to hold the position that torture is wrong, and according to various international conventions ... the Geneva Convention comes to mind ... illegal. For example, not only is it illegal for Canadian soldiers to torture Afghani detainees, it also contravenes International, and Canadian laws to hand over detainees into the custody of those who it is believed will torture them. And so, after that brief period of thinking, you have lapsed into an ill thought out knee jerk reaction mode which is willing to sacrifice basic humanity for a little vengence. Maybe the authorities over there could save themselves a little money and do the torturing themselves ... put it on tv so that everyone can share the fun.

Terrorists and other assorted scumbags are a fact of life in these troubled times. When they break the law; they should be tried and punished according to the law.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote