View Single Post
Old 25-05-2010, 19:24   #2
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: persistant Mold in toilet bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
OK folks , I need some advice here , for the last two or three months I have been having a problem with small specks of black mold appearing in my toilet bowl, if left they grow , it appears both below and above the water line , first signs usually appear about two days/three after cleaning, scouring , used everything available from the store, including bleach, scoured with boiling water etc. cleaned and looked under the rim, no trace of it there just appears around the water line , I've thought of trying Muratic acid (the stuff usd for cleaning concrete and brickwork ) but concerned it could affect the glaze or sewer lines . I've tried draining the bowl, plugging up the outlet and steeping/soaking the bowl in a stong bleach solution . The stuff still grows with one of those blue dis-solvable disinfectant blocks in the tank , toilet brush is clean (boiled it) so no back and forward tranfer from that.
Anyone got any ideas , Thanks
Is the water used to flush, from the domestic drinking water supply, hope not. Have you tried caustic soda.

Retlaw
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote